Dylon Fabric Dye - Hand Use
Make your selection
Order within the next 3 hours 14 minutes
Royal Mail Tracked 48
to get it by Saturday 4th*
- Arrives in 2-3 days and is dispatched same day Mon-Fri if the order is placed before 10:30am
UPS Next Day Delivery - If you place the order before 10:30am Monday to Thursday (Not Weekends)
Click and Collect - Free - Choose from our Manchester, Leeds or Sheffield shops. Usually ready within 1 hour. Use the Click & Collect button above to add to basket.
Get 1 Mo Point for every whole pound spent.
Get 25 Mo Points for creating an account online.
Get 10 Mo Points for reviewing a product.
Find out more about Mo Points in our Points FAQ
DYLON Fabric Dyes for hand use are perfectly suited for smaller items like vests, shorts or socks, and for delicates you'd rather not put in the machine like silk and wool.
- You will need 250g salt.
- 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade.
- Suitable fabrics: Cotton, viscose and linen. Silk, Wool, Polyester/viscose and polyester/cotton mixes will dye to lighter shade.
- Not suitable for Pure polyester, nylon, acrylic & fabric with special finishes.
- Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye.
- Please note: Colour mixing rules apply (e.g. blue on red gives purple)
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash thoroughly. Leave damp.
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water.
3. Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40°C)
4. Stir in 250g (5tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well.
5. Submerge fabric in water.
6. Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins.
7. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water and dry away from direct heat & sunlight.